Kidney Center of the Rockies provides In-center Hemodialysis, Peritoneal Dialysis, and Home Hemodialysis treatment options for our patients.
Our staff is dedicated to providing thorough education and ongoing support for our patients because we know informed patients are healthier and more easily able to adjust to the changes that come from living with a chronic disease. That’s why dialysis patients who come to Kidney Center of the Rockies can expect to meet with our Medical Director, Clinic Manager/Registered Nurse, Social Worker, and Registered Dietician. All of whom will assist in caring for the total needs of our patient, as well as for their family or caregivers.
We begin by helping the patient understand their treatment options and select the treatment method that is right for them. After the type of treatment is selected, we provide the initial training they need to feel informed and prepared. After treatments begin, we continue to provide support and education on a regular basis.
Our ongoing training includes the following topics*:
- Managing your medications.
- Complications from dialysis: heart.
- Complications from dialysis: skin and hair.
- Vascular access: options for access and caring for your access.
- Quality of life: exercise.
- Transplant facts.
- Treatment options.
- Dialysis management: getting enough dialysis.
- Nutrition and dialysis: periodontal disease.
- Personal care: foot care.
- Infection prevention and control: sepsis.
*In addition patients are informed about Self Care, Transplant, Nocturnal Dialysis and Palliative care.